SSssshh..there are somethings I don't want you to know

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

folio has been launched!

Finally. I have been waiting for so many months. folio has been launched! folio is a publication by USP which showcases the essays done by our students during the Critical Writing and Thinking module. All USP students have to take this module. And my professor for that mod, Dr Johan Geertsema, editor for folio, chose a paper that i've written to be published! I was so excited! That was in October last year. And just now, in front of the USP staff at chatterbox, some of the writers were presented with a gift voucher and 2x folio. Out of the 8 writers, I know quite a few of them. There was TaiTong...(silent killer..hahaha..dunno just want to add that).. Ranvir from my writing class... Yilan(a close friend of mine who went to USA to study...miss her sometimes)...Yaoyao...Yilan's friend...ok la not really my friend...and Jonathan from my Islam class....That leaves only 2 writers whom I never seen before...but then again..USP is quite a small community...aniway it was a very proud moment. But I was so...i don't know.. panicky? In a way I was not very confident of my writing skills and i think its an absolute miracle that my paper was chosen. But then again, when I wrote the paper, my paper writing skills were at a pinacle... After writing so much throughout that term. I told Dr Johan about what I think, and he comforted me...saying that it was an excellent paper..not perfect..but still good. With that, I let out a sigh of relief... Because, throughout the whole time, Dr Johan and Prof Peter Pang was saying how excellent the papers were and how it impressed the people from Stanford... And I was there...saying "I'm not worthy...." and partly regretting coming for the launch in the first place. Alamak.. dunno la.. look the way I write here...also want to vomit...but oh well...I guess its one of those things that will only happen once in a lifetime. And I'm glad it happened.

And that stupid guangyi ask me for my autograph! when i was the most paiseh...hahaha And wanqi also follow...so funny...And he also say "Wah we have such a high estab driver...I thought you are here for the free food..." TSK!!!!I'm not so greedy ok! hahaha

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

wahhh.. u got published works wor!! i wanna see!! hahahaha.. show me k!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

me not silent killer k!! I also want my 2 x copies!! Where to get??

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo......... shiok.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home