SSssshh..there are somethings I don't want you to know

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Memories

Today was a busy day.

I went for ACCA class...from 930am to 5pm

Then went for Lynnette, Cow Woman, Glynsen and Kent's Birthday BBQ. Paiseh for Lynnette's small present. And Cow Woman...well...normally 21st will try to buy something big...but I am one man...one poor man...so she got a cow. A cow that can make her do good! So there!

Anyway, just now went out with my sec sch frens. Mostly my NCC peps la. Talk a lot of nonsense. Recounted our Sec sch days...our NCC days...our Army days... If a gal was with us...she will jst wither and die of boredom. Hahaha... Between us.. 1 commando 2 infantry officers 1 airforce officer 1 ATEC spec and 1 signal spec. All with many stories to tell. But its Russel, who has the most to say. Talking about all the infantry night missions here...and there... things that happen. Brings back images of my days in the army(real army...not air force) where we will just wear SBO helmet rifle and full pack and just stink and be in the jungle... Its an experience that I will not trade for anything in the world. Its an experience that we cannot forget and also an experience that we will not want to repeat. I dunno about the rest, but if given a choice, I will still do the same thing again. If I were to choose whether to do it or not. I would. Because those experiences have shaped the way I have become. Sometimes the girls think these experiences are over rated and that we are all bragging. Well some of us might be... but it is really a once in a lifetime experience. To be in full battle gear, running about in the middle of the night, in the jungle... I do not have the full infantry experience, but I can imagine what it would have been...having tasted some during my BMT field camp. The closest might be my SUMEX? summary exercise... Tired.. planning... running about... getting screamed at... And all you do is just go forward... one step at a time...because you are too tired to think of anything else...Just being in a sweaty no4 in full battle gear and still accumulating more sweat. The helmet just presses down on your head...Rifle sling pressing down on your neck on the left side. And when all is done... you look back and you ask yourself...how in the world did you do all that...

And now we are all in civis..sitting down in Kopitiam...recounting our experiences...laffing over it...never to do it again... hoping not to do it again... but glad that we did it so many years ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home