SSssshh..there are somethings I don't want you to know

Monday, June 05, 2006

Feeling Lucky and the art of seeing opportunity

Yesterday someone told me that I should drink bubble tea today. If I drink bubble tea today I will be lucky. Bet soccer will win... The problem is... I dun bet soccer. And the reason she gave is that cuz she crave for bubble tea that day and so I will be lucky if i drink it...hmmm... just think of her as the bubble tea goddess...

So today i decided to really find bubble tea...just for the fun of it... I went to Dhoby Ghaut to meet Nanz they all to study my ACCA. So decided to search for it there... I scoured the whole of PS basement...dun have... I msged the bubble tea goddess to ask for some divine intervention. She told me ," Thou shalt not findest bubble tea in PS" Damn! So I walked passed Macdonald house. Dun have... Checked out Cathay Picture house...nope..only got Ben and Jerry's... Almost wanted to explore Paradiz centre but decided that work is more impt. Whats not meant to be is not meant to be... So i crossed the road to SMU and went to meet Nanz. At the School of Information Systems... what did ya know...There was a bubble tea shop there! And I ordered peach milk tea with pearls... Its weird...when you look for it...you cannot find it...and when you decide to go about ur normal routine, it finds you!... And true enough... I felt that I was lucky... and said a silent prayer to the bubble tea goddess..

Which reminds me of the time i was in Brunei for Jungle Survival Training. Many call it the lowest point of their lives... Which is true...to me... because it was a turning point as well..hahaha

I was thrown in the jungle with a few tasks which we are supposed to complete in order to pass the trianing. These includes building structures for shelter and traps.. The most important part of building structures are vines... or roots...to bind the wood together so that ur structure can stand... I had problems finding them.. I was so down that i almost cried... I even went over to my site mate and tried to strike a deal. I chop wood..he give me roots. But he refused. And I'm glad he did not agreed. He probably knew it would be more beneficial for me to survive on my own... I decided to just try my luck..and i did manage to find some roots! And the more I dig the more i find! And i was on the way to get my shelter up and proper. And guess what.. I found a vine which is 1cm in diameter(the perfect vine) and several meters in length. It would have well provide for my structure had i found it earlier... And it was just beside my site... And i was sitting there whining..almost crying... where the answer was just beside me...

So sometimes we just have to open our eyes a bit and see opportunity...and luck will come...hahhaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home