SSssshh..there are somethings I don't want you to know

Monday, June 05, 2006

I drove my dad to work today

Alright.. i did not drive him to work... rather I drove myself to work and switched with him once I reach my camp. It was rather wierd. He has driven me all my life. I can't really recall any other time where I drove him to work.

I drove him to work so that he could sleep or read the newspapers on the way. He sleeps so little everyday (about the same as me..but hey i'm a strong young man..wahahaha) This is the least I can do? Im the reason he wakes up so early in the morning to go to work. Normally he will go off at 9am but now we leave at 730am. Well... it reminds me when I was young... My dad never sends me to school. Maybe I was too scared to ask. Of course, I would only want my dad to send me to school if I overslept and was going to late. Its amazing how easily I overselpt..er..wrong english..watever... yah... I served many detentions in SJI because I overslept and arrived late. So its like that. I never expected my dad to send me to anywhere. I guess he was traditional sort of man who never showed his emotions. And I was the traditional son...haha.. But when I entered army..he offered to send me to camp. Everytime i book in he will offer to send me to camp (on sunday nights). Even during Airforce School...early morning send me to work and he will go off to yishun to work. Now that i'm more conversant with Singapore roads did I realise how off tangent it was. He said he could pick up his workers who lived somewhere near...hmm... but anycase.. Its funny how you only feel the fatherly love when he sends you to school/work. Somepeps have been sent since young and might have taken that for granted. For me it was a warm fuzzy feeling when he said he was going to send me to camp. Now, of course I have got used to it and no warm fuzzy feelings.. but i will always remember it...hmm...yah something like that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home