SSssshh..there are somethings I don't want you to know

Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm happy today and thoughts on beauty and flaws

I have received the card from the goddess herself!!! How sweet of her. Hah. It was quite a nice card. I mean...it was better than I have expected...

She told me that there were a few problems... at the last minute, she realised that she has misspelt "Happy birthday"(i'm not saying that her english is bad....i'm not saying its good either...wahahaha) and she rushed to amend it... It was done using glitter... I can't really figure out how she managed to amend it...hmmm...but good job aniway.. I really appreciate it thanks!!

And her handwriting in chinese is v nice!... but in english...tsk...just like mine..so shan't comment..

Its really exciting to receive something handmade... like Ahloo's photo album...or Germaine's Cake... But yiqian's cheapskate birthday card for my 18th birthday dun count...wahahaha

I'm not gu niang hor...its just that i also do handmade stuff...and i understand the effort that is being put inside to make the gift... I remember my friend once told me, "Tat, why do you bother to spend so much time on making cards? You think you can make it better than those on sale outside?" I was rather taken aback. Never really thought of it that way. But it did not deter me la... I still think that got heart good le...

It is the flaws and the imperfections that makes it really truly yours... Thats what i believe in...despite my perfectionist nature. My mother was telling me about a time where she had this temp working in her department. The gal was cute and had a sweet smile.. but she had a tooth that is twisted. Came out the wrong way you know. But my mom thought that it made her more pretty... its like its the imperfections on her face that actually makes her look better. And i agree. Don't you just get sick of those flawless, plastic faces on magazines? Ok..maybe i'm alone in this... but they just feel so fake...not real at all. And so I do not find them pretty.

Same with handicrafts. While it is true that it would look better if bought from a gift shop...but it would be...perfect and flawless... just like thousands that were manufactured before it...and after it... Handmade gifts...might have construction errors but those flaws..how do i say it?...erm...they belong to you?...

Alrite... In other words...appreciate flaws and imperfections as they make the gifts special...

And thank you for the card..

1 Comments:

Blogger Wan Ling said...

most of the time.. imperfections don't mar.. you're right.. they emphasis, and enhance what's natural.

who wants to be cookie cutter perfect.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home